Weight loss is easy but hard at the same time if you haven’t got the correct information. When it comes to weight loss, not having the proper knowledge and information seems to be like a crime. And it is not easy to get the correct information either, with the Internet being stuffed with misleading information and littered with fake weight loss supplements and pills that make tall claims but deliver nothing. However, all is not lost, and if you research deeply, you will see that it is not too hard to find out good medicines either! In this article I will tell about five types of fake weight loss supplements that you should be aware of! When all is said and done, you will realize that there is no better way to lose weight other than eating healthily and working out at the gym!
These fake weight loss supplements or “aids”, as they are called, are being sold without any regulation because they are sold as “food supplements”; this way they are able to escape from the purview of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act. Here are the various types of fake supplements that are proven to fail miserably time and again!
1. Garcinia Cambogia: Garcinia Cambogia is sold as an appetite suppressant. It is supposed to kill your appetite in such a way that you won’t feel hungry for a long time and thus it’s easy for you to lose weight. Unfortunately, there is no real proof that it indeed works as claimed. Authority Nutrition has a great article on this topic. Their conclusion is: “One day, science might discover a supplement or a drug that actually works for weight loss… and I hope we do, believe me. But it is clear from the studies that Garcinia Cambogia isn’t it. Period.”
2. Starch Blockers: Starch Blockers are supposed to help you lose weight by blocking the digestion of starch. How stupid! This concept was bound to fail and it failed indeed! People soon complained that they were suffering from diarrhea, vomiting and a host of other stomach problems after consuming this medicine.
3. Spirulina: Spirulina is a natural weight loss supplement. It is made from bluish-green algae that contain certain nutrients. Although it is natural and hence pretty safe to take, there is no evidence to prove that it indeed helps reduce weight! By all means, you can use it as dietary supplement because of its essential nutrients, but don’t expect any weight loss because of it.
4. Magnetic Diet Pills: Magnetic Diet Pills are supposed to reduce your body fat by consuming them in large quantities. The tall claims of their manufacturers soon failed flat and FTC has brought legal action against them. If you are thinking about purchasing those pills you better change your decision right now and save your money for real food!
5. Weight Loss Shakes (especially VLCD; Very Low Calorie Diet): Not all weight loss shakes really work, but the ones that indeed work do so only for a short time period. These shakes are made in a way that you would start gaining weight as soon as you stop their consumption; this is a clever way of minting money for the manufacturers. Some people have a wrong notion that these can be substituted for healthy meals. If you skip your meals and rely only on these shakes you will soon become weak. Even worse: there are reported deaths because of these products as they are extremely harmful for the liver and heart, too. This is totally an unhealthy way of losing weight and that too, for a short time only!
Never sacrifice your health for weight loss, just the opposite: losing weight is supposed to make you healthier and full of energy, not make you lose your health and feel miserable! Forget the fake weight loss supplements and choose a healthy way to lose weight, your wallet will thank you, too!