When it comes to fitness trackers there are a few big players but the UP 24 Jawbone very unique. Like other fitness trackers it’ll keep track of your steps taken so you can compare it to your goal for that day.
Here are some of the cool things about the UP 24 Jawbone:
- You don’t need to plug it in at all to sync it up. It’ll sync up to your phone via Bluetooth.
- It’ll track your sleep. You know how long you slept as well as how much time you spent tossing and turning rather than resting.
- The UP app connects you to the entire platform including a mini social network you can use to connect with people who have similar goals.
- You can track your food using the UP app.
- It only needs to be charged once a week and only takes about an hour and a half to fully charge.
- It’s very comfortable and comes in different sizes.
- It’s much smaller than other trackers because it doesn’t have a screen.
- It has an “idle timer” that you can set in the app. It’ll vibrate when you spend too much time sitting still. It’s perfect for people who spend a lot of time on the computer and need a reminder to get up and move around off and on.
- It comes in TONS of different colors.
You’ll notice a lot of those features are similar to other fitness trackers. The biggest unique features are the smaller design with no screen making it easier to wear without it getting in the way and the idle timer. You don’t really see that in other devices. It also comes in more colors than any other fitness tracker out there.
Of course, there are a few downsides.
- Because of the screen-less design this isn’t a good option if you don’t have a smartphone. The app is how you’ll check our steps throughout the day.
- You need to measure ahead of time to make sure you get the right size since the band isn’t one size fits all.
- It’s not 100% accurate, but no fitness trackers are. Most tests show this one being more accurate than the newer Fitbits.
The UP 24 Jawbone is a cool twist on activity trackers provided you have a smartphone to download the app (which is available for iOS and Android). The idle timer is a cool feature that is perfect for people who need a light reminder to get up, walk around, and burn more calories.
NB. This page contains affiliate links.